Friday, November 12, 2010

Ipad?

This is a response to Billy's post about whether or not an iPad is a worthy thing to buy:
Why choose iPad ? Many have wondered about this and still have trouble finding why. Well, what is an iPad? An iPad is a tablet computer made by Apple. It is made for reading audio books,watching movies, browsing the web, listening to music, and most importantly playing games. An iPad is portable and a lot bigger than the Ipod touch or the Iphone, but it does mostly the same task like them. A iPad's starting price is 499 
My family recently put together our money and bought an ipad for the whole family, and i cant say i regret it, but at the same time, i cant say it was the best buy i made in a while.  Many people say that the ipad is just a big ipod, why buy it?  Before i bought the ipad, i thought "its a huge ipod, why NOT buy it? who doesnt was a gigantic ipod touch?"  Now, looking back, i think the ipad is way over priced.  I got the 64 giga byte one, and that set my family back almost a thousand dollars, including tax and the cover case.  I think that that is completely over priced for a piece of technology.  I have to admit that when i use it, i completely forget about the pricing.  It is an incredibly useful device.  For example, i wrote my blog about firemens' integrity on it last week, while away from home.  It was extremely cool to do so because it is much more portable than my laptop, and it works almost like one.  It was also easier to type than i expected, on a touch screen

I also use it for games.  The game-play on the huge, sharp display is incredible because i can see the rich colors in a screen many times larger than an ipod touch.  It is also Is much easier to handle because of the larger screen.  I can play, without having to scrunch up my hands.  The ipad is still way over priced, and i think that if Apple brought the price down, many more people would buy it.  The ipad is extremely useful, extremely fun, and extremely unique, but at such an extreme price, i don't think it is worth it.  I would much rather stay with an iphone, which can get 3g connection almost anywhere.

that brings me to my next point.  I don't see the ipad as a useful thing to have on a 3g broadband.  All you could do is surf the web, go to youtube, etc.  But you cant make phone calls on it, unless you have special apple headphones and a calling application.  Even with these, the calling app wasn't made to be used on a 3g network, and it would probably lag.  I don't think it would ever replace a cell phone, unless it got smaller, or maybe less in cost.  I strongly stand behind the iphone, which is the perfect medium between the ipod and the 3g ipad.

No comments:

Post a Comment