Friday, January 14, 2011

Super Power

I found this quote on Victor’s Blog that I found fascinating
If I had a super power it would be the ability to create an item by visualizing it in your mind. Others might want to fly or have super speed, but if you could make things with your mind, you could just visualize a jet pack to fly or a race car for speed. You could make up anything you want from guns to fight crime to food to fight poverty. Visualizing items is the best super power since you could do whatever you wanted since you controlled matter.

I have never thought of this power, and I think it maybe better than the one I thought of:

  As a child, I always wanted to fly, and I dreamt about flying with super powers.  I thought that I could just lead a normal life, except just concealing my secret, which would be easy if I followed just one rule: don’t fly in front of other people.  I could just fly from place to place by flying at super sonic speed up above the clouds, then slowing down and taking my time(which would still be 100 miles an hour).  I wouldn’t be expected to save anyone’s life or get into fights.  This way I would never be late for anything.  Sometimes, I dream about becoming a pilot, but I think against it because I don’t want to hold the future of all the people in the plane in my hands and fail them because I tend to make a lot of mistakes.  Also, flying a plane has restrictions because I can’t go anywhere I want, I have a top speed, and I cant do tricks.  I thought about joining the air force, but that is dangerous, and I don’t want to put my life in danger.  I also don’t want to be involved in any killing or bombing. 

With victor’s idea of visualizing things, I could just make a hover skate board or a jet back or flying shoes that go as fast and I want.  I could also give food to people who need it.  But if I had any super powers, I would keep it to myself because I don’t want people to expect me to do good,a nd have me fail them. Also, I don’t want to become a human test experiment for scientists.  I would do good, but in my own secret way.

“I just want to fly” is what I used to think. But now when I think about it, I now know that flying is a sign of freedom, going as fast as you want where ever you want and whenever you want.  That is what I want, not just flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment