Friday, January 14, 2011

iPhone 4 On Verizon

At a press conference in New York City, Verizon CEO Lowell MacAdam announced that the iPhone 4 will be available on Verizon's networkstarting February 2011.

Recently, the iPhone was finally released to verizon after their exclusive contract with AT&T expired after five years.  This contract stated that the iphone was exclusive with att only for five years.  After a few years of iphones being on the market, they became a “hot” item, and apple was just waiting for them to be able to expand to other carriers, such as verizon.  Verizon has a lot better service connect and stability, while att has faster downloading speeds.  The users of att have been fed up with the unstable connection, and have been waiting for the contract to expire so that they could hop onto verizon, as shown by this video.  Living in the bay area, the connection stability is even worse than anywhere else because att neglects to improve their satellites over us.  In my house, when sending a text message, I have to send the text, then jump up and down and hold my phone above my head. And with that, it only works sometimes.  And sometimes is gets ridiculous and I cant send the message and have to go outside. 

Not to seems spoiled or anything, but I thought I was lucky when I got the iphone 4 for att for Christmas.  But now, I am really regretting getting it because that means that I have to wait another two years before I can jump onto the verizon wireless plan and have great service, and a texting with out jumping up and down around my house, waving my hand over my head. 

On the other hand, the antenna problem that everyone was complaining about a few months ago hasn’t bothered me at all, which is great.  I think it is because I have a case over my phone which protects interference with the phones connection.  That is an upside that I wasn’t expecting.  But overall, looking at it from another perspective, having an iphone on att is a great, great thing that many others don’t get the privilege of, so I shouldn’t be complaining at all, even if verizon users are going to get 5x better connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment